A safe haven for bluebirds while feeding!
Constructed of eco-friendly recycled poly lumber built to last a lifetime!
Guaranteed not to rot, crack, splinter, peel or fade!
Recycled Poly Protected Bluebird Jail Feeder - This fortress of a feeder is based on the design by Steve Gilbertson and is meant to keep larger "bully" birds such as European Starlings, while allowing bluebirds to come and go as they please. Simply fill the included acrylic cup with mealworms or desired food, open the "gate", and place the cup in the hole in the center of the feeder. For best results place near a water feature such as a birdbath. North American Bluebird Society (NABS) Approved. Made in the USA!
* The Modern Enclosed Bluebird Feeder is a “caged” type feeder. It is designed to keep larger birds like European Starlings and Northern Mockingbirds out, but still allow bluebirds and other small songbirds access.
* There are grooves cut into all 4 outer sides of the base to allow the bluebirds a better place to grab onto when entering the feeder. These grooves also contain drain holes at each end so that water does not collect in them.
* Feeder includes 1 plastic mealworm cup which holds approximately 4 ounces of mealworms. Should the need ever arise, replacement cups are available.
* Feeder is constructed using high-quality, recycled poly-lumber. This material is made out of at least 95% recycled milk jugs and is guaranteed to never crack, split or fade due to normal weather exposure.
* Cleaning is a breeze. Simply use warm water and a mild soap to clean this feeder. Even though the mealworm cup is under cover, don’t forget to clean it from time to time as well.
* Proudly made in the USA.
Birds that use this feeder include Bluebirds, Small Songbirds, Wrens, Sparrows
Seed or Feed Options: Dried or Live Mealworms, Seed Blends, Crumbled Suet
Capacity: 4 oz.
Dimensions: 11.5"L X 11.5"W X 5"H (14" with Hanger); Weight: 6 lbs.